Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Ryan
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Happy Monday.

Just received my OEM hinges back from Willie Wilson at Wilson Antique Car Parts and I could not be more thrilled.

They were blasted, re-riveted, painted, and had new GM springs installed. Total turn around including shipping from CA to VA and back was under 30 days.

I have read good things about his work here on the site and I couldn’t agree more. I almost bought some repops but I’m so glad I didn’t.

I have not installed the hood yet, but I have a strong feeling that the hood will be closing much better now that the hinges don’t have weak springs and loose rivets.

He was very easy to deal with and the hinges were packaged very nicely when received.

Pictures attached.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Happy Monday.

Just received my OEM hinges back from Willie Wilson at Wilson Antique Car Parts and I could not be more thrilled.

They were blasted, re-riveted, painted, and had new GM springs installed. Total turn around including shipping from CA to VA and back was under 30 days.

I have read good things about his work here on the site and I agree more. I almost bought some repops but I’m so glad I didn’t.

I have not installed the hood yet, but I have a strong feeling that the hood will be closing much better now that the hinges don’t have weak springs and loose rivets.

He was very easy to deal with and the hinges were packaged very nicely when received.

Pictures attached.

View attachment 713665 View attachment 713666 View attachment 713667 View attachment 713668 View attachment 713669 View attachment 713670
Well they look outstanding, keep us in the loop and lotsa pictures.🤘🤘🤘

·
Registered
529 Posts
Willie rebuilt my hood and door hinges. Excellent work and quick turnaround. Very pleasant to deal with.

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
Yes a master at his craft.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Mine were black originally, and he sent them back black now. And his hinges work perfectly.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Ryan
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great but shouldn't they have a natural finish?
That’s an option. So is powder coat and so is spray paint. He asked what I wanted. Told him to spread them black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts