Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm in the process of installing a set of Auto Meter electric gauges - oil pressure, water temp and voltmeter in 70 Malibu SB. The question I have is where is the best place to hookup the ignition switch wires and the ground wires? Also, where is the best place to hookup the + wire from the electric choke from the carb? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
There should be a spade tap on the fuse block as a switched ignition source (labeled IGN?)

I ran my ground wire through the firewall and connected to one of the copper braided wires on the firewall that connected to the valve covers.

My electric choke is hooked to the red wire that ran the stop idle solenoid, I've read here that the wiper motor is a good switched source.

Jimmy H.
69 Malibu

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doc, since there are 4 hot wires that need to be connected, would it be a good idea to setup a distribution block with the wire from the IGN tab on the fuse block as input and then have the 3 or even 4 wires as output to the gagues and the elec choke?

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Sure, on mine I just spliced all the appropriate wires together near the gauges and then ran single wires to the fuse box and through the firewall.

Jimmy H.
69 Malibu

·
Premium Member
19,928 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by doc j:

I've read here that the wiper motor is a good switched source.

Jimmy H.
69 Malibu
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto. That's where I tapped into.

------------------
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67 SS & 67 Elky
GR8PMKN

Dale's Place Team 67
Midwest Chevelle Regional Governing Council
Integrity: If you have it, it doesn't matter - If you don't have it, it doesn't matter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts