Team Chevelle banner

Grounds with fenders off

5K views 32 replies 5 participants last post by  Coppertop 
#1 ·
Hey everyone- I have the front clip off and have finished rewiring the front harmess... Since the fenders are off I grounded the neg battery to alternator bracket and them to radiator support where the lights are grounded...

My question is when I connected the battery the right turn signal turned on and stayed on....( key was off)..

Does the fact that I grounded it to the same ground as lights rather than fender caused this???

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#31 ·
Final update to close the thread...I tried to adjust the neutral safety switch and went the full range of motion and still nothing...So bought a replacement switch and VOILA..Car starts right up....Thanks to everyone for your help, support and patience....I have learned a ton from you guys....Next stop - pulling the engine and rebuild the 350 to 383....Wish me luck...See you on the engine part of the forum cuz I am sure I will have a ton of questions.........jb:beers:

#33 ·
Jeff,

Glad you got it resolved. Thank you for the update as well. I know you were probably getting quite frustrated at times, but the key is to simply work out a plan to "divide and conquer" when dealing with circuits. You did and it is now fixed.

:beers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.