Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help. Cannot locate in the manual where the ground wires are supposed to be located. Are there 3 or 4 when a radio is involved?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Grounding straps right? The instructions that came with the grounding kit I bought for my '71 Chevelle showed that two were to come off the back of the engine (they showed them bolted to the rear most valve cover bolts on the intake side) and then attached to the firewall. What I did was bolt one to the back of each cylinder head and then bolt the other end to the firewall. The other two came off the lower part of the firewall and attached to the frame. What I did here was located an open hole in the frame and bolted one end there and attached the other end to the firewall where the strap would reach. As for frame location, if you were to extend the firewall to the ground it would be near the point where the firewall would touch the frame.

Hopefully this gives you the info you need. Probably a little more than you needed, but oh well. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.