Team Chevelle banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mod's - I hope I'm in the right forum, if not please move it. Hey guys, having a small challenge with one of our TC sponsers(Ground Up) and before I stop buying from them I'll run it by you all on this site to get input. I purchased one of their 70' intake fittings only to find out when I got it home that the nipples are facing the wrong way(Tward carb)! Yes I saw pic in catalog and assumed that the photo was just reversed during printing. Well I have been working with a fellow who we'll call Dave and he has been pleasant and forth coming. After explaining to Dave my situation he said to return part with proof of purchase(Copy of Invoice)and they'll glady refund money.I said I would rather exchange part for a 71-72 version of the fitting and also purchase at the same time the power brake booster pipe. He said no problem. I sent in part attention his name via FEDEX and I have a track number proving reciept by them Aug 7th. It listed another employee that signed for it(Name witheld for now). After hearing nothing for a while I sent in another email to him asking about recipt of returned part-he replyed like he hadn't heard of me before so I REexplained the situation in a reply email and when I did it had an auto reply saying he would return to office Sept first-thats the last corrospondance I have. I have bought parts before from GU with no issues and I know this can be worked out easily but I'm beginning to lose my patience. AM I EXPECTING TO MUCH TOO SOON? Maybe so but I wanted to see if this post can get to the right person before I call on the phone.
Anger gets no one anywhere and calm heads will prevail so please help me get this post to the right peolpe at GU so we can all move on and start buying parts again. I like to support the sponsers whenever I can.

Marc Schultz

·
Registered
630 Posts
You should have been helped by now, but I know how summer vacations are - he's out til Sept (just now) and then has to catch up on past emails AND new work. Try a supervisor? Or the order line on the phone and ask to be transferred to him directly?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I'll be nice and just say, because of TC's customer no service department and a order that I placed, "I'll be voting with my money being spent at another parts supplier!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Make a phone call and ask for the Sales Manager or Marketing V.P. Explain what you have explained to us and I'll bet that you'll get some satisfaction.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:

Well I got off the phone with them just now and I must say that they(Ground Up) do have excellant customer service! Not only did they exchange part for a different item but they shipped it out free shipping no less. I just wish I had taken down the womans name I was speaking with because she has excellent customer service skills which is VERY RARE these days. I truly believe that it was because I didnt come off as a [email protected]#$%hole to begin with and treated her with respect from the get go.I am in the customer service end of the food service industry and have been in situations with Irate folks and have diffused it to the point of still serving them 10 yrs later so I believe in mutual respect and the fact hat the customer is always right-thats what has kept my company going for over a hundred years.:thumbsup:

So if your reading this Ground UP-very good job! I appriciate it and will continue buying parts from you for a long time to come.

Marc Schultz

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Bought thousands of dollars of parts from "Doc" at GU. Exchanges were made cheerfully-- no matter whose fault it was.
Good quality parts, service.
Will use them on my next project for sure.

Randy

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I have bought from GU and was happy with price,delivery time and service.You call the service line and someone talks to you.Getting mad,especially over the phone or through mail,email,gets you no place.People will become defensive and less open minded to solutions.Picture the other persons side especially if they are dealing with a problem not of their making.:yes:Karma

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
It's refreshing to read a thread that say thanks to a vendor versus the usual vendor bashing.

·
Registered
792 Posts
My dealings with GU have been good so far. I do have to return some parts myself, I will update you on how it goes. Over the years I can guarantee I've spent over 10k with them. I like dealing with the guys much more than a few other suppliers out there. The only negative I could say about them is sometime it takes forever to talk to someone on the phone, and 50% of the time the person seems stand-offish.. But that may be because they are swamped with orders and tech assistance?

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
They're not stand-offish, they're just yankees :) I've gotten $3K worth of stuff from them in the last 2 months and all has been well, just as it ahs been over the last 8 years that I've been buying from them. I don't return wrong items, just keep them for the next car!

·
Premium Member
5,756 Posts
One of the consistent things you will find inconsistent with GU is their personell. Most are like the one mentioned that make it a pleasurable experience but there are a couple of pricks that will ruin your day. Luck of the draw I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
I've found that whether it is Ground Up or any other vendor the most prompt service or problem resolution is by phone. Marc, I'm glad the problem is taken care of. :thumbsup:
I agree e-mails just don't get it done.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've bought from them in the past but never again. Last delivery was about 10 items, one third was faulty and one third were incorrect parts and not what I ordered.

Every time I managed to get a response out of them they said we'll look into it and then just ignored me for months. This went on for about a year and I still have their useless parts in my garage.

I have it from a reliable source that others have been treated the same way. I'll certainly never use them agaian.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I haven't had any problems with GU. I got a part a few weeks ago for my '69 that was not correct. I called GU talked with Mike and sent email with picture. He responded back within a couple hours, telling me to send it back and they would credit the part and the return shipping. I would say 99% of my stuff has come from then with less then 1% having issues.

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
I have found that looking locally is the best bet on things like small fittings or any other small parts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts