Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I was wondering if anybody out there in Chevelle land can can help me. :confused: I'm looking for an illistration that shows where the three ground straps are suppose to go in the engine compartment. I saw one on a web site once, but I didn't save it for future reference.
Does anyone have one they can scan and e-mail me? That would help me out alot.
Thanks.Have a good Memorial weekend!
Brian

P.S. If anyone knows of a link or website that has the info mentioned above, that be :cool: too!
Thanks again, Brian

·
Registered
39 Posts
Brian - the diagram i have shows right inner fender to frame just under the battery tray area.
then the right inboard (towards carb) valve cover bolt to firewall. For 307 or 326 cu.in. use left rear inboard valve cover bolt to firewall. I hope this helps. if you need i can fax it to you on tuesday?

bruce

·
Registered
680 Posts
i am having a similar problem with my 71 SS. I have a gound near the battery try but I have nothing on the valve covers. Should one go from the valve cover bolt to the firewall????

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bruce,
If you can e-mail it to me that would be great,if not let me know and I'll e-mail you the fax number from work. I don't have a fax machine at home. Thanks for your help. Brian

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just joined this forum to find any info on ground straps.there are none on my newly purchased/quickly put half together 70 ss 396.i think that is why nothing on the dash works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts