Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to bring my 71 chevelle out of barn (dads shop for 15 years) and start working on it.
I plan on making a driver out of it, but with a mix of pro touring and OEM styling but have some questions about ground clearance.

Can you post pictures of the sides and front of your cars. (Preferred pictures of under the car more then of the car although those are welcome as well)

if you can include your engine/trans/exhaust diameter and if your car is factory ride height or if it has been lowered (if lowered, how much)

Im trying to see how much room i will have and help me decide on a final setup.

THANK YOU!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
^ x2.

If you have Hooker headers the collectors point down somewhat, thereby reducing your ground clearance.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
if you can include your engine/trans/exhaust diameter and if your car is factory ride height or if it has been lowered (if lowered, how much)
383/M-21/Headman headers/2.5 inch exhaust/Drop pocket tubular A-Arms and 1 coil cut. Never rubs.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it will depend on what i have. thats why I'm wanting to see how much room everyone else has with their current setup.

Its been 15 years since i have looked at my chevelle... but if i remember right, i have ceramic long tube headers from FlowTech??? and it has a 350 Small Block with 350 transmission. Thats going to change to a big block and 4l80E. Im going to do a few frame mods and can adjust the tunnel to raise the back of the engine if need be.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Not the same as your setup, but 327 with Hookers. Under 4" clearance at the flanges, so I have to go REAL SLOW over speed bumps! :smile2:

Not sure of the drop, but stock '67 Chevelle springs in rear, Corvette springs in front, cut to match so it sits level.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Here is mine with 2" BMR drop springs front and rear, 462/th400 18" rims 245/45 front 285/40 rear. Summit 9010 headers fit perfectly. I have about 3" clearance at the front cross member. The headers don't hang below the cross member or pans. I have 3" pypes exhaust with an x pipe. It is just low enough that I have to use a low profile floor jack under the front to jack it up.

Here is another angle. I don't really have a shot from underneath.

In this short video clip you can see under the car and see that there is no problem with header clearance. My son wanted to take it on it's maiden trip out of the driveway

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice angle in the video (Just what I'm after)
and the car looks great! love the stance and wheel setup.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
This is as low as I ever got on video....
but if you're after burn out video's I have one of them too....
It's lower in the front now.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Or you can Google things and figure out that typically the left nut is lower. ;)

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts