Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my wood Classic steering wheel for several years and am just getting around to asking for help to fix a problem with it.

On mine when I installed it with the recommended adapter hub, it messed up the turn signal cancelation cam action. It works OK on left turns but when I approach a right hand turn and try to switch on the turn signal, it seems to be resting right on top of the canceling cam, causing me to either turn the wheel a little off center or to hold it in place until I make the turn.
Anybody noticed this besides me?
Bill

PS, I thought I had the wrong adapter so I ordered another and it worked the same way.
Please help!

------------------
Long time Chevelle fan and an owner since 1973 :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I used the same wheel on a 71 Malibu with no trouble.

------------------
Mike
formerly known as gotapileof70Malibu (so add 80 to my number of posts)
'70 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible

·
Premium Member
9,796 Posts
This same problem can happen with a stock wheel if the lock plate is not held with a snap ring. The snap ring stabilizes the plate which then holds the cam in the proper position.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JWagner,
Can I ask you to elaborate on this a bit more? What are you calling a lock plate and where is a snap ring. My turn signal assembly didn't need to be touched replacing the original wheel with the Grant. The problem I'm seeing is the bosses on the hub adapter being in the wrong place in relation to the turn signal assembly.
The way mine is made I have to put the adapter hub on in one position in order to have my wheel line up like the original.
I'm lost.
Bill

------------------
Long time Chevelle fan and an owner since 1973 :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.