Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up my front seat, using some PUI covers Santa brought. I'm not 100% happy with the covers, you can easily tell the difference between the original back seat and the new front seat. But it looks great overall, especially when you compare with what it looked like to begin with. Still some wrinkles to work out, but I'll leave that to later. Will hopefully be easy to fix later this spring, when I can let it sit in the sun for a while.

Have to say that the digital camera made it so much easier. I took a ton of pix while I was taking it apart, and it was a great help when I started putting it together. It's more difficult than you think to remember how everything was folded, tucked and hog ringed, so the pictures were a great reference.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Hey they look really good olle i just bought some PUI covers and they arrived today, the set looks nice but well see how it all looks once its done.

tom

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tom! I don't know if you have done it before, but another thing to think about is that you more than likely need to add some to the existing padding.

The old foam and padding looked great, so I did the first seat back without adding anything, and it was a bad mistake. Don't know if the new cover was larger than the old one, or what the problem was. For some reason the old covers didn't have any wrinkles at all, but the new one looked like crap. I took a long good look at it, and finally decided to take it off and add some 1/2" foam. I'm happy I did, it was more difficult to get it on the second time, but it made it look ten times better.

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
The digital photos are a good idea, along with keeping the original upholstey until the job is completely done. The original covers can provide a lot of info on just how the folds and hog rings were placed at the factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts