Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No,it wasn't low on beer.:p One of the things I do being the good husband that I am is every Sunday I scrub the kitchen floor by hand.Today as I was near the fridge,I got a low voltage shock being my hands were wet. What's up with that?

·
Administrator
17,201 Posts
Obviously a voltage leak.
2 or 3 prong plug?
Check the plug and wiring and put a GFI in the circuit.

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
No,it wasn't low on beer.:p One of the things I do being the good husband that I am is every Sunday I scrub the kitchen floor by hand.Today as I was near the fridge,I got a low voltage shock being my hands were wet. What's up with that?
I was always told that if something hurt?? Don't do it again...problem solved..:p
actually sounds like static from the compressor or no ground...But I don't know alot about that stuff..

·
Premium Member
7,604 Posts
Maybe you should have had the drug test. :D

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,793 Posts
Make sure the ground wire in the cord is connected somehow to the metal exterior of the fridge and make sure the ground receptacle in the outlet is properly grounded (you can get cheap plug-in testers for that). The fridge was probably shocked that you were actually doing some work. :D

·
Registered
13,006 Posts
The fridge was probably shocked that you were actually doing some work. :D
l:)

Seriously, you need to have it checked out.... you wouldn't want a little one to get shocked by having wet feet or something.... :noway: They don't quite have the resistance we do...

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
That was just a lightning bolt from the Greek god of Manhood!!

Scrubbing floors?? On hands/knees? EVERY Sunday? WTH??
Luckily you didn't get tazered.

Need to go stand in the corner of your man cave...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Make sure the ground wire in the cord is connected somehow to the metal exterior of the fridge and make sure the ground receptacle in the outlet is properly grounded (you can get cheap plug-in testers for that).
All fun aside, you could have a seriously dangerous situation. Something on the fridge is not right and not grounded. A floor is not a very good ground (unless concrete or stone) and thats where the juice is trying to get to.
If you was to hold on to the fridge and come in contact with the stove or faucet or something that is a good path to ground, you will get a hell of a shock, and it could kill a child.
It happened to me when I was a kid.
Well not the killing part, luckily there was an adult who saw what was happening and pulled me off, put I still twitch some.

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
1. That's what you get for working on the Sabbath.

2. That's another reason why God created women; to wash floors and to perform other household tasks, hence, the word "Housewife."

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I am not going to tell my gf this story. I dont want her getting any ideas about me doing womens work.:D

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
I am not going to tell my gf this story. I dont want her getting any ideas about me doing womens work.:D

Even if she does happen to get any ideas, simply tell her that it's a woman's job right from Jump Street, otherwise, you'll be committing yourself to a Lifetime of Gloom and Doom where there is no turning back. Is that what you want?

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
For all you "guys" scrubbing floors, I bought the wife one of those Floor Mate floor scrubbers. She LOVES it, she actually gets on her knees more than she used too. :yes::hurray:
You done good Mike, real good. As far as attempting to rescue those current guy, floor scrubbers, forget it, they can't be saved. They have fallen into an Abyss and are gone forever.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts