Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well griffin recomends Dexcool in the paperwork that came with the radiator. I guess I will go with that.

After 3 months of waiting my new HP Griffin is here. This sucker is BIG. Over an inch thicker than the brass one I was using. I got the one with 1.25" tubes. Handles over 500hp I think.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How does the price of the Griffin compare with the Be Cool units ? I am thinking of changimg my rad.

------------------
67 Malibu 454/TH350
Team Chevelle Gold Member #97
Charleston, SC

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the 1.25" tube rad. It cost an extra $100 or so over the standard one from griffin. I am sure the prices at Be Cool are very similar. These rads are not cheap. I got the custom fit one.

I don't know much about Be Cool as a company. Grffin took a while. Said they had to build me 2 rads, the first failed inspection. That is why I waited so long. So at least they are honest and check their stuff.

I went with Griffin because they have a good rep in racing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I recently bought a Be-Cool for my 69 T/A. It was supposed to be a direct replacement, but I had to do some modification that I don't think I should have had to do(not for that price!!). But I don't know if Griffin is any better?? I took my original radiator to a local radiator shop and they custom built a 5 core radiator that fits perfect! My Be-Cool will go to good use in my pro-street 65 2dr wagon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.