Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I've seen it on the News, but never had it happen to me. A 'square' of ice blew off the roof of a car abot 500 feet in front of me on the highway this morning.

I swerved to no avail, so I just closed my eyes and ducked down. All I heard was a deafening crash and open my eyes a second later covered in tiny shards of glass.

Luckily no injury and I made it to the shoulder without hitting any other cars.

My face saved by the brim of my Team Chevelle Baseball Cap:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Well I've seen it on the News, but never had it happen to me. A 'square' of ice blew off the roof of a car abot 500 feet in front of me on the highway this morning.

I swerved to no avail, so I just closed my eyes and ducked down. All I heard was a deafening crash and open my eyes a second later covered in tiny shards of glass.

Luckily no injury and I made it to the shoulder without hitting any other cars.

My face saved by the brim of my Team Chevelle Baseball Cap:thumbsup:

I hate morons who don't clean the crap off their cars.... Glad to hear you're alright....

You know the limit on the Belt is 50 :D

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
That's scary! I have seen some big chunks of ice coming off vehicles (most often from trucks), but haven't been hit so far. Glad you're ok, but the damage sure sucks. :sad:

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
This happened to my dad a few weeks ago. The ice came completely through the passenger side of his windshield... The car didn't stop that the ice flew off of. Luckily he was by himself.
Glad to hear you didn't get hurt.

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Wow Rob! :sad: Glad you're OK!
Were you by yourself or were the kids in the car?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I got a moron one morning, 60 in a 30 and there was ice and snow flying off the top of his car.... When I asked his what he was doing his exact words were "I'm cleaning the ice off my car..." I wished there was a V&TL section just for this moron (with the exception of the speed) that morning....

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was alone, no kids, they would have freaked out. It was the Belt Pkwy on my way to work. The odd thing is even though I clean off the car as best as I could, I still have a sheet of ice stuck to my roof-rack.

Just got the car back, no damage to the windshield frame. The glass shop had 7 cars today just like mine.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts