Chevelles.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Light blue, yellow, orange wire(s) that go to a white 3 prong female plastic plug. What's this one for?

Also have 2 brown wires that connect together inside a black single female plastic plug...what's this for?

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
First one, if it's located near the glove box, is the connector for the blower resistors for a non-A/C car. Not used on an A/C car.
Can't think of two browns together off the top of my head. Where are they located?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First one.....that's wierd cuz my car has these wires and it was an original A/C car. However the wires were also tied around the top of the dash when I removed the dash. Is it possible they came in all cars and not just A/C delete cars?

Second one....this wire(s) are located near where the radio is.

There was another pink/black stripe wire I just removed.....it was plugged into the fuseblock at the "IGN" terminal and it is a factory wire...I wonder what this used to go to?

·
Registered
110 Posts
the pink /black striped wire connects to the column harness under the dash i thank it is for the turn signals i have to look at my extra turn signal to make sure but that is where it leads to

ps i know this because im looking at my extra 71 dash harness

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
It must be a gauge dash, right? For the gauge dash there was only one harness used. It has wires for either A/C or heat only. The two brown wires from one connector is the power to the A/C harness. One wire comes form the fuse the other goes to the heat control head connector, not used on A/C cars. The pink/bk wire is likely part of the 71 only anti-dieseling relays, part of the A/C circuitry.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually...sorry I meant to say it's a solid pink wire. I thought it was pink/black.
Sorry.

Also this pink wire has a white female end that plugged into the fuse block in the IGN and a black male end which also has a small clip on it.

Elree Colby what do you mean by "gauge dash"? My dash is the sweep style dash....just has the speedo and the fuel gauge and the dummy lights below it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
sounds like you need a service manual or just the wiring diagram from the vendors instead of all of us guessing what you have.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your pink wire goes to your A/C harness up under the dash near your control head. The two brown wires also go too your A/C harness. If you look you should find the plugs near the control head close to each other.Your harness has feed for non A/C or A/C option.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
That pink wire runs all the way from the fuse block to one of the relays behind your glovebox. If your car is like mine it has the heater harness dangling, A/C was a factory add-on so this harness is replaced with a whole new one, just left the old one in there 'cause it was easier.

I think Louie Hammel has a wiring diagram for removing the relays...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts