Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one is pretty breathtaking and was originally ordered with the black-on-red color combo, which is pretty rarely seen these days. Hard to believe that a Chicago car survived this nicely.

I would imagine this is a $35-40k car but the 283 and PG will hold it back some.

I love the seller's description: "It’s NOT loud. It’s NOT fast. It’s more of a cruiser type car."

1965 Malibu SS Convertible

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
No pictures underneath but the car looks very tidy. Manual top? No trunk pics. The colors are original and look great. It even has the rear cove in silver because it is a black car. The grille though, shouldn't it be black accented regardless?
The car should have no trouble bringing the money. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
I contacted the seller via text message asking to either post photos of the underside or E-mail them to me. Also asked how much repair work was done to those all original panels/sheet metal/floors. I have bid on it but will not any further until I see more detailed under body photos.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Great looking vert!!!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,212 Posts
Very good looking!

·
Premium Member
3,476 Posts
Only the outer part of the rear cove should be silver, not the center bar between the taillights which should be black. Very pretty car though!

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
This one is pretty breathtaking and was originally ordered with the black-on-red color combo, which is pretty rarely seen these days. Hard to believe that a Chicago car survived this nicely.

I would imagine this is a $35-40k car but the 283 and PG will hold it back some.

I love the seller's description: "It’s NOT loud. It’s NOT fast. It’s more of a cruiser type car."

1965 Malibu SS Convertible
No pictures underneath but the car looks very tidy. Manual top? No trunk pics. The colors are original and look great. It even has the rear cove in silver because it is a black car. The grille though, shouldn't it be black accented regardless?
The car should have no trouble bringing the money. We shall see.
The seller E-mailed me a link to more photos. It's hard to tell anything about the underneath because there is a fair amount of what appears to be undercoating which was probably applied by the person who repainted it. The seller indicated he took the car in trade as it is so he has no knowledge of the condition before it was painted and the new carpeting installed. It does have a power top. I will be calling him to find out more particulars on the bodywork.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts