Team Chevelle banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Only thing Goodyear makes is the Endurance for trailers.

My Fusions came with Goodyear LS2s on them, lasted 25,000 miles and they were worn out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well that sucks.... I've been buying Coopers exclusively for about the last 10 years.... good price, good quality, and we have had a lot of good miles out of them.... Goodyear will just raise the prices and the quality will suffer (the reason I quit buying Goodyears).....

Also our company sells to Cooper manufacturing equipment, Goodyear actually buys this same equipment from Foreign owned companies.....

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
I had an interesting thing happen to me last summer. I bought a pair of first generation Chevrolet rally wheels. Two wheels came with 20 year old Pro Trac 235/60-15 tires. These are bias ply and I wanted to see just how terrible they are compared to radials. I haven't used Bias plys since 1975..The guy I bought them from kept telling me NOT to drive on those tires there dry rotted. He said he usually drills holes into the old tires that are on the wheels he sells but was too busy..
I put the two bias plys on the back of my 69 el Camino with modern suspension front and rear. I was shocked at how smoothly the car went down the road.. They also took the twistys as well as any radial I ever had.. They were very wide...My car pulled out so much better, that 454 can be overpowering if given too much gas..
From now on I am using the Protrac Street Pro 235/60-15 on the back with a 8 x 15 wheel.. When I tried the Protracs up front, it wasn't too good, the car hunted for road cracks... So from now on I'm going to use the 235/60-15 Pro Trac Street Pro in the back with a 225/70R15 radial up front....
I'm going to have wheels made up for them. I'm going to use a stock 60s style Ford/Chevy steel wheel. I'll get an old steel Chevy wheel with a riveted center section. Grind the rivets off, pull the centers off then buy 8 or 9" wheel hoops, have everything show chromed and have the centers welded on the new hoops. I'm thinking a 5" back space... I really like the way Dyno Dons Impala looked with those big tires and those deep chrome wheels with those big lugs..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts