Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the diference between the 1968 to 1970 and the 1971 to 1972 bucket seat brackets made by Goodmark. Part no 4031-507-66 For the 68-70 and 4033-507-71s for the 71-72.
The small front bracket is different , with the 71-72 there is a hole in the bracket while the 68-70does not have the hole.
I ordered these from a supplier (not Goodmark) and called them when I noticed the difference to see if they sent the wrong part to me . They said the ones I got are for all 68 to 72 seats. I am just wondering if this is correct. I thought maybe the hole was to align the bracket with the existing bolt hole. Just thought someone might know if I am getting the right info from my vendor. They do not list these parts in their catalog so I ordered them over the phone since I was ordering my seat upholstery from them. I am converting a 72 El Camino from bench to bucket seats. Thanks for any help. RichF

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I sent an e-mail to Goodmark and asked the same question. Here is the reply-" There is a big difference in the small bracket for the 1971-72 models which will not interchange with the earlier models (the seat tracks are different). We offer both versions. Get your supplier to order you the correct part!
Goodmark"

So now I am wondering if it is the seat track that is different or the floors. The seats I am using have the seatback release button in the center of the back . They also have headrests. The only marks to identify the seats are "guide 69" on the inside of the plastic pieces. I do not know what they are out of but am sure they are 1969 to 1972 A-body seats.
Is there a difference in the seat tracks? Any easy way to identify it? I was hoping to install them this weekend so ,again thanks for any help. RichF

( btw- The seats in the el camino now are from a 1970 el camino, bench seat and bolted in fine)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have been trying to order #4031-507-66S which Goodmark lists for a 1966-1967.

They are out of stock. Who is the supplier that you got yours from?

Thanks-Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts