Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a crimper for 4 guage and bigger cables. i believe you need the kind that sets up with an anvil that you hit and it crmips the cable. I see Eastwood carries one, but i also need some big straps(like the ones people use for braided fuel line) i would also like to get nice zip ties like the ones people use in nascar and others to strap down fuel line. the smooth kind. and some non stick electrical tape. where is a good place to find such things? thanks

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I got some nice dieless crimpers on ebay for under $200.

I like my electrical tape to stick.

I don't watch NASCAR, so I have no idea what tie wraps you're talking about.

Seriously, go to your local electrical supply and tell 'em what you're looking for. They will try and help you.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The local electrical supply has almost no automotive stuff. it really sucks. I don't know if nascar really uses those ties, but i have seen a lot of people with tube frames use them. I hate that super sticky electrical tape, if you ever want to unwrap the tape it is a sticky mess!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Have you tried Eastwood for the tape and ties? I know I've seen that no-stick vinyl tape somewhere, just for wiring harnesses. Maybe even (Gasp!) JC Whitney.

For the crimper; Do you have any friends who are electricians? They may be able to fix you up for the few connections you're likely to make. Also, check the local rental stores. They may have something you can use. I can't see spending a few hundred bucks for something you won't use much.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
KEL-WELCO DISTRIBUTING - 9447 J STREET OMAHA, NE 68127 402-592-1250 They will ship to your door

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The crimper i am taling about only cost like $35. it is a metal thing that stands up, it has a place to lay your cable/terminal. and then there is a pointed anvil that you hit with a hammer and it crimps you cable. kinda looks like one of those old things they used for cutting off peoples heads.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Hi Line has what you're looking for. It's part # SKT480 Impact ramdent Crimping Tool. 8 to 4/0 Gauge. They also have a nice ratcheting crimper #RT25S for 8 to 1 Gauge it’s probably not very expensive. They also carry a line of zip ties. Their online catalog is not user friendly if you contact a local vender he/she will have a catalog.

For nonsticky tape or harness tape most of the restoration suppliers have it in ¾” or 1 1/4”

1 - 8 of 8 Posts