Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am restoring my 1965 chevelle and was wondering what "look" to go with. It is goin to be a street and strip car and i kind of want it to be mean looking. What i mean by "look" is like should i make it all origional or put modern things like a good sterio in it or like pure race car with no emblems.......what do u guys think?

·
Registered
348 Posts
If you are making a street/strip car, I guess originality is not what you're going for.

This is what I've done to my El Camino. Removed some of the trim, front and rear letters, window frames, and the engine displacement emblems. I've added a 2" rise cowl hood, 96 Bonnevile mirrors, modern tires and rims, and 82 El Camino bench seat and 3 point belts. These are not drastic changes, but I think it makes it look good IMO.

Build it to suit your tastes and you'll enjoy it more.

------------------
Brian TC#1092, ACES#4374
---------------------------------------------------------
1964 Malibu SS Convertible (Garage Queen) Before Restoration
1965 El Camino (Daily Driver) Before Restoration
1981 Corvette (Sidelined for repairs)

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Hey '65 el camino,

NYCE CAR errrr truck?? Anywho it's looking good to me. Gotta like blue too~

------------------
'65 Maliblue 406SBC/PG TC #811
'94 Camaro 1LE (original owner)
'97 HD Softtail Springer

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm going to get my '65 Chevelle painted in the spring. It's currently red. 65elcamino, what exact color blue is on your Elcamino.

·
Registered
50 Posts
TimG, marina blue? My buddy has a '66 that color. I'm pretty sure that's the color I'll go with. I've been looking for a picture of a '65 that color. I have it on my wallpaper!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.