Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions:

1. I'd like to get a couple of alternative locations to connect the negative battery cable. I'm resto-modifying a '65 Chevelle. Battery is in the stock location.

2. I haven't purchased the cables yet. Can someone advise me on a qood quality set? Is there a standard length for '65 Chevelle?

Much appreciated,
David Altshuler
[email protected]

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Not sure what you mean by alternative locations. On the block side of the cable? Connecting it to a stud holding the water pump in works. Something in the way?
Me?
I've got side posts on the 64 battery just 'cause I like them better than the top post clamps or spring rings. I buy the largest gage wire that one of the chain auto stores has in stock. Length is around 22 inches and you need one with one pigtail coming out of it to go to the right inside fender.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding John.

Good questions. Yes, the block side of the negative battery cable. Like a rocket scientist, I failed to note how the negative battery cable was connected before I disconnected it 3 years ago. So, I think I can ask this question a bit better. Where's the stock engine connection for the negative battery cable? And, since I'm not interested in originality, is there a better connection point that might improve wiring organization? I'll check out the water pump idea. I moved my alternator to the passenger side, so realestate is more congested near the battery. I like the side post set up as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts