Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any members that live in this area could tell me where the good junkyard, pick a part places are, I'd appreciate it. I'm in Annapolis and I think all the people are too rich around here to need a junkyard. Thanks alot.

·
Super Moderator
12,779 Posts
Doug,
You might want to get hold of someone at the Maryland Chevelle Club and ask them where the one is they have pictured on their web site, it looks like it has a bunch of stuff, but there was no mention of location. Maybe a big secret ? Check it out: http://www.clark.net/pub/chevelle/raiders.htm

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

·
Registered
38 Posts
What about brandywine, that place is big.I know you could find some junkyards in northern VA, somewhere around the woodbridge area. That would be about 1hour from where you live.

·
Super Moderator
12,779 Posts
Waive,
Brandywine has become too commercial, they wont let you go wandering around any more and besides, they strip and crush everything real quickly, so the chances of finding anything old are pretty slim.

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah brandywine doesn't allow you to walk around the lot. sucks
Two places in woodbridge that I can remember where I use to go that allow you to walk the lot.
Banks (on Rt1 Dumbfries)
skips

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Doug,
I hear there are a couple of good junk yards in Calvert county off of rt 4. I haven't been there but will get you the location and email it to you. I am in St Mary's county and there are a couple of yards that I visit. One is a part of Brandwine but you can walk around in the yard. This is on Rt 235 near hwy 247. I spied a 69 shell w/ frame there last week. Another, and my favorite is further down in the county near Great Mills. Located off of Flat Iron Road.

I will ask around about those in Calvert County.

Have A Great Elky Day
Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mike,
I think that junk yard your talking about is called "Recycler Inc." its near lexington park. you can pull your own parts. phone# 301-994-2511

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Waive,
Yes, Recyclers, used to be Pee Wees. They have a lot of mid 70s to mid 80s A, G, and F bodies there. I also see an early Chevelle there occasionally. The only yard that I have ever been in that has a published price list for parts. There is also a guy there that specializes in trans. He salvages everything that is of value or interest. I will be there this morning looking for a heater box for my 78 Elky. It will be $40 and will include everything that is attached (I read remotely attached). Mike

R

·
0 Posts
I'm the newsletter editor of the Maryland Chevelle Club's newsletter and the author of that story, "Raiders of the Lost Yard". I purposely omitted the location of that junk yard because I did not want to turn the story into an advertisement. Since it was published, I've had TONS of requests about it's location.

The yard is called Mar's Auto Parts and is located in Northeast, MD in Cecil County, not far from where the Mid-Atlantic Chevelle Show/ACES Northeast Regional will be held. It is not far off exit 100 off I-95. There is another excellent junk yard across the street called Albrights Auto Parts.

Both of these yards are FULL of late 70's/early 80's stuff, but there are a few GM A-bodies here and there. Their inventories change VERY frequently. Both yards are "pick-your-own". Albrights is VERY reasonable, Mar's is fair, but DON'T *****OFF THE OWNER! I don't have their business cards handy for phone #'s, etc... E-mail me if you want any more particulars.

Look for more junk yard stories in other MCCNews issues!

Thanks! Rick

·
Registered
722 Posts
you guys need to check out GOUGH'S junk yard in Calvert CO. on rt. 2-4 more old than new !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.