1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
well it could be a nice car, but should be bought at a price that would not reflect the value of a true SS. It is a shame we become jaded to horse stuff like that appears to be.
I mean really??? if a guy is restoring a 69 Camaro........is he DUMB enough to crush a TRUE 69SS? doesn't add up to me.....hell my WIFE knows better!!

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean really??? if a guy is restoring a 69 Camaro........is he DUMB enough to crush a TRUE 69SS? doesn't add up to me.....hell my WIFE knows better!!

that's why I don't buy the story

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Seems odd that someone would take off the trim tag and all the other stuff, if he only wanted the engine for another car.

·
Registered
607 Posts
i know some people who had a original monte ss454 in a junk yard by me we went back to buy it and the crushed it and it ran and drove. People do stupid stuff.

i liked this question at the bottom
Q: Would this car outrun an Import Tuner in it's current state?
A: Most of them yes. Thanks
yet it has no motor lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey i noticed another question where the guys response is it has idiot lights on it. if im not mistaken, didnt ss cars only come with gauges for oil amp etc?

·
Registered
14,615 Posts
maybe the junkyard owner was a ford guy and didnt particularly care for a chevelle. I passed on a 68 fastback mustang before my daughter got her lisense, main reason was the car was a ford. It was cheap enough, 1000 with a 20 footer paint job, no motor, and a trailer.
I know of a 70 mach 1 351 4 speed car, I think the guy was asking 5000 for it. They had to drive it into the back yard because the city doesnt like cars unregistered in the front yard. Too bad I don't like mustangs Id knock on the door to see if it was still for sale. If it was a chevelle I probably lose sleep over it. jim

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
maybe the junkyard owner was a ford guy and didnt particularly care for a chevelle. I passed on a 68 fastback mustang before my daughter got her lisense, main reason was the car was a ford. It was cheap enough, 1000 with a 20 footer paint job, no motor, and a trailer.
I know of a 70 mach 1 351 4 speed car, I think the guy was asking 5000 for it. They had to drive it into the back yard because the city doesnt like cars unregistered in the front yard. Too bad I don't like mustangs Id knock on the door to see if it was still for sale. If it was a chevelle I probably lose sleep over it. jim
I'll buy IT!!! if that car is any condition at all worthy of restore, I'll sell my Cougar in a heart beat for a 70 Mach. Don't get me wrong...I'll always love Chevelles MOST....but I don't cull none of the worthy beast of the day

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.