Chevelles.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a REALLY good deal on a lower driver side control arm? Maybe a set of 2 front lowers, might as well replace em' both. With bushings!? I found one place with a set of front lowers for right around $200. Can I beat that? Thanks..... in advance!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Are you talking about aftermarket or stock. If you are talking about stock. Keep your eyes open in the local traders guide, pennysaver, free ads paper, etc. to see if anyone is parting out an old Chevelle, El Camino, GMC Sprint, Cutlass, LeMans, etc. They are all the same as your 1971 Chevelle.

To me a bare set of control arms, uppers and lowers for the front is worth about $20, but it seems the guys at swap meets thing these are worth around $50. I'm not sure, but I know where I can get at least 2 part for $20 each set (all 4 arms). WIth used arms however you need to check them very carefully for any cracks. Also, you can count on them needed all new bushings and ball joints.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, Yeah Im just picking through the yellow pages now, some USED parts places charge $75-100 EACH! there 129 or so new, Thats crazy, im going to look more
Thanks..... :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Originally posted by Clint44:
Can these still be bought new?? :confused:
Same Here? New?

We Want A Set Of "NEW" Uppers And Lowers!

:confused:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah ground up restorations has them for around $140 ea. and theres another place online which I forget right off, but they offer then in a pair w/ polyurathane bushings installed in em for right around $200 brand new. There tempting, I may snag them, but I found the one lower side finally for $45 Im going to look at it tomorrow, as long as it's clean Im going with that!

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Originally posted by pnutkemist:
Yeah ground up restorations has them for around $140 ea. and theres another place online which I forget right off, but they offer then in a pair w/ polyurathane bushings installed in em for right around $200 brand new. There tempting, I may snag them, but I found the one lower side finally for $45 Im going to look at it tomorrow, as long as it's clean Im going with that!
We stand corrected, as we had never heard of being able to buy "NEW" front upper and lower control arms.

·
5,856 Posts
I just talked to Ground Up and they only offer new A-arms for 67-69 Camaros. Chevelle arms are not available. Back to the drawing board,I guess.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I see front control arms on Ebay all the time..it's a chance I know, but I've had very good luck getting parts for the Chevelle off there lately at a very reasonable prices. Got an entire set of rear boxed lower control arms and excellent used upper control arms with new polygraphite bushings installed for $170 including shipping! It was more than that for one control arm from the Parts warehouses!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts