Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
V8 SS Convertibles in 64: 9640
How many were yellow converbles with a 327??? I haven't seen too many 64's with the 327 option... I don't recall seeing any with the droptop. I would say yes it is quite rare.
What are the engine codes?
Steve

·
Registered
80 Posts
JQ Engine code (250HP) is 64 Chevelle with Manual Trans so I would have to say that this car has to be pretty rare. Not only rare but desirable too. I have a 64 SS Convertible that came with a 6Cyl 194 3 on the tree. Rare yes. Desirable No. Do you have any pics? How did you come accross this beast?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is not mine, just looking at buying it. It drives great and the body is in goot shape, just not show quality. I think it is a little high on price and is why I was trying to find out more on these cars. send me your email address and I will send you some pictures. The car is in the mid twenties.

·
Premium Member
14,221 Posts
Don't know about the V8 cars, but the I6 SS conv's painted Goldwood Yellow are supposed to number around 1500 units. Goldwood Yellow is an SS only color.

·
Registered
80 Posts
LeoP.

"but the I6 SS conv's painted Goldwood Yellow are supposed to number around 1500 units"

Where did you get this info from? Are you sure you're talking about 64 Convertible SS's???
I think there were only 1500 I6 Chevelle Convertible SS's built in 64 and I have seen at least 20 I6 SS Conv. and none were yellow. Come to think of it I haven't seen too many Hardtop Yellow 64 SS Chevelles.
Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts