Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know the booster from the factory is plated but I do not have the money to send mine out to be redone and plated, I do remember that you used to but the closest match in a can but know that I am would like a can I cannot find it anymore. I already checked eastwood and 2 restoration shops local to me, they both said you could buy it but it is not a perfect match so they dont carry it. Anyone know where I could purchase a can???

thanks

·
Administrator
3,375 Posts
I've done a few with spray cans and had very good results with the following method:

Dig through your spray tins and get or buy the following:
Gold or Antique brass
Silver or aluminum
Green, any green

Spray the booster with the silver and wait until tacky, then spray two very light coats of gold and immediately add one quick dusting of green and another touch of silver. wait a little bit...while this is all wet shoot the gold again until you think it looks about right (not very much). You can finish up with a clear if you have some. This gives it a pretty good effect.

(make sure the paints are all compatible and experiment on something else first)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks al, I guess if thats the only way i can do it I will I just was seeing if someone carried the paint.

thanks for the help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.