Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67SS with original everything accept the seats are out of a 69 to 72. I'd like to sell the seats and get the correct ones. But was wondering if I kept the seats I have now, how would I go about ordering the complete package? Are the foam cushions the same for 67 as for later year? OPG says yes but year one has different part #'s for these years. I guess I'm laboring over this so much because my interior is pretty darn good but old. I'd just really like all new nice fitting, clean, unscuffed interior.
What would you do?
OPG has a great kit for 1200 bucks , called stage III interior package.

------------------
MY CAR
Stacey
67 chevelle

Only in AMERICA!!!
Ain't WE got it sweet!

·
Premium Member
7,460 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stacey honn:
I have a 67SS with original everything accept the seats are out of a 69 to 72. I'd like to sell the seats and get the correct ones. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If everything is as original as you say, I would just sell the seats and get the correct 67 ones, order the entire pkg. from Hinshaws Chevelles and be done...just my 2.

Mike

------------------
MY 66 SS.COM
ACES # 1493
TEAM # 751
MCC # 501

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'll second Hinshaw's.That's where I got mine and you won't find anyone with more "honest" knowledge than him.He even gave the seminar's on seat restoration at Chevellabration a couple years ago.He's good friends with ACES1 too.

------------------
John 67SS
ACES #2887
Team Chevelle Gold #127

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would definetly go with a full kit. Most of them include all the misc. parts that make things more difficult later on. I would also advise you to not use the OPG kit. Their door panels are junk. I had to order another set from NPD. The dash pad was a poor fit and took alot of work to make it fit right. I have a new headliner but i'm wary about putting it in because of the workmanship of the rest of the pieces. the seat vinyl and carpet worked just fine.

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
You might want to check everything over before you buy. We just had '69 Malibu rear seats done with skins from one of the big names in manufacturing. The basket weave strip down the back was about an inch narrower than the originals. One of the side pieces was sewn in upside down with the wide part up. Another part had been sewn, torn out and re-sewn a second time. Our upholstery guy salvaged them but they certainly wouldn't go into any big dollar restoration, I'm sure. BEWARE. We had a set of original 300 deluxe seats repadded and repaired with a lot less hassle. They look excellent. Hinshaw sounds like a good bet.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Phone number, location, website for Hinshaw please?????? I'm not all together happy with the one I've been using.

·
Registered
874 Posts
919 226 8242
919 226 8252
I think the area codes might have changed as these numbers are from Hinshaw's 1990 catalog but James is great to work with none the less.
-----------
Brett
'67
SS396
clone

·
Premium Member
19,960 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raymond:
Go with Hinshaw's. I have used them for most of my restoration. Their website is www.hinshawschevelle.com. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watch the period at the end of the sentence. It's picked up by the link codes and hence, gives a page not found error; you'll get http://www.hinshawchevelle.com./ - simply backspace over the last ./ and hit enter. Or use www.hinshawschevelle.com.

------------------
Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67SS & 67 Elky
Dale's Place
Team 67
Integrity: If you have it, it doesn't matter - If you don't have it, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
687 Posts
336-586-0890.I thought it was 336-586-0802.I was just there the other day picking up some oddball parts.They are all very nice and James is one of the best interior guys around.He had a pair of 67 buckets ready to go but I am not sure if they were a customers.Ask,he may have a set.I know he has several consoles. www.hinshawschevelle.com
------------------
John 67SS
ACES #2887
Team Chevelle Gold #127

[This message has been edited by 67ss (edited 12-22-2001).]

·
Registered
351 Posts
You are definately getting the right info and advice. One thing that I have discovered is that those who work on their cars generally KNOW what parts and pieces are the best quality.
James Hinshaw is a hands on type guy and is one of the most knowledgeable Chevelle people out there. He has the experience and honesty to give people the best products for the money.

------------------
Tim
'57 210 2Dr Wagon
'67 300 Deluxe 2Dr Sedan
'72 SWB Orig 402
'81 El Camino TPI 4-speed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.