Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, being car guys, we can't ever seem to leave well enough alone. What is your goal for your car? Perfect restoration? Hit the 9's in the 1/4 mile? Trophy winner at the custom show? Share!

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
mine will be a driver, clean,with big block power(496) and fast but not so perfect that I'd never drive it..
and with the cost of paint.. tinted primer might have to do.. for a while..
and be able to hit the track and go 10's...
house and a wife has made the perfect car, not realistic... and most likely a better choice anyway...
as sitting in a lawnchair isn't my thing...

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Just something fun to drive. I dont race it, and wont cage it (assuming it's fast enough) I just love driving it. I go to a few shows, but Im not a trophy whore. I could actually care less if I get one or not. When I do, it's a pleasant surprise. I go for the cruize-ins more, cause I can drive it. I get nothing out of sitting next to it. I get lots of nice compliments on it, from all different groups of people, and that's what makes it fun for me.

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
I will be selling this one, then bring in some help and do 5 more, and keep the last one. Only way I'll be able to afford one. Do I want to sell it, no, but thats the way it goes. One a year with lots of help, then I have to stay healthy and live that long.

Trying for a perfect restoration, but not exactly like gm had it, but not to much difference. Still can be fixed like any other one with a gm manual, all gm torque settings and fasteners.

I know I plan to put about 25 more horse then a stock LS6 put out, not advertised horse power, then that will settle that right away.:) oh and a 427 in it with 427 badges.

Rob

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
The '70 has far exceeded my goals and expectations...some of the highlights and my personal special moments:

*Drag times and speeds quicker than ever imagined
*2005 ACES Northern Gathering President's Favorite
*2006 ACES Top three in '70 Modified class
*2006 ACES Northern Gathering show Lobby display and Diamond Award
:bow:

Not to mention, making it possible to hang out at all the shows and cruises and being able to meet a lot of nice folks and make some new friends! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Mostly weekend racer, I'll be happy (for now) to get into the 12's with the 396. After I can save some $$$, shooting for 11.5's. Just don't want to have to deal with a cage.

·
Premium Member
16,879 Posts
I kinda want 3 things. A perfect original restored trailer queen which is what I intend for the convertible. A fun driver that can run consistent 12's in the 1/4 of which the 70 is very close to, and the Charger may take that also. I would also like to have a car that I can take to the track and beat the snot out of and run 10's all day long. I'll have them eventually :).

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Blue one: Family friendly cruiser, car shows.
Black one: Satisfy my red neck!:hurray:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
None of the above.

It's my time machine.

Smell the old upholstery, manually wind my windows, no a/c...heck no radio even.

Just the sweet sound of gas guzzling Big Block Chevy.

A quick trip across town for an ice cream with my kids, or a snort down the track, or a cruise thru the car show....although I gotta park with the rat rods cause they don't all get my attraction to flat black.

HG Wells, eat your heart out. My time machine is the real deal.

John

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
I am like most of you guys and gals. I have built my Malibu to drive and drive it hard I do!!!!!!! I really don't like the sitting next to my car all night. I get to itchy and have to cruise the circuit!!!!! Couldn't care less about a $15 trophy. Hoping to get to the track some this spring.

Bill

·
Registered
Super Awesome Guy who rarely logs on
4,994 Posts
To hang out with all the guys and gals that enjoy the same things that I do...I've made a ton of friends all over the US (and Canada)

A perfect 100 point restoration...not for me...I enjoy driving my Chevelle too much :)

Do I think that the people that do 100 point restorations are nuts? No...not at all (right Mike? LOL) To each his own...Plus, it takes a ton of commitment and drive to do so...(plus a lot of $$$)

In fact, it's come time to replace my worn out alternator with a rebuilt one...and I'm actually going with the correct part number and date range. Thanks again for the help Mike!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts