Team Chevelle banner

GMC Sprint Broadcast Sheet (Window Sticker)

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  DaleM 
#1 ·
I've been trying to find an example of a GMC Sprint window sticker for years. Any Team Chevelle subscribers have one? I suspect it looks just like an el camino sheet - but with GMC logo somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Lyle

#2 ·
You might try contacting Dan Carr, he's into GMC Sprints. Last known email is dcarr@chevelles.com. I didn't see any email address at his website http://www.designscomputed.com/index.html but if you click on the "Automotive Publications" link, then "click here for 1968-1972 Chevrolet A-Body Production Totals print" link, then "click here for ordering information" is also has his mailing address if the email doesn't work.

#3 · (Edited)
AFAIK, trucks didn't have window stickers; manufacturers weren't required by federal law to post MSRP on trucks. I don't think you will ever find one for a Sprint or an El Camino.

Car window stickers requirement was passed into law on July 7, 1958. At that time only passenger cars were required to have the stickers. Trucks (El Caminos were classified as trucks) were exempt as I recall. I recall that window stickers were still not required in 1986 when I bought a new El Camino. The dealer had posted his own window sticker with a price. SUVs, like Blazers and Suburbans were also exempt. I'm guessing that it was sometime in the 90s when trucks and SUVs were required to post MSRP on window stickers.

#9 ·
AFAIK, trucks didn't have window stickers; manufacturers weren't required by federal law to post MSRP on trucks. I don't think you will ever find one for a Sprint or an El Camino.

I bet Bob Inhoff (RobinLS5) could verify one way or another. He bought his '70 Elky new and should be able to recall if it came with a window sticker or not. And Bob, if it did come with a window sticker, I would be curious to know which window it was placed in.

Rich

#6 ·
I've been trying to find an example of a GMC Sprint window sticker for years.
AFAIK, trucks didn't have window stickers; manufacturers weren't required by federal law to post MSRP on trucks.
I don't think you will ever find one for a Sprint or an El Camino.

Car window stickers requirement was passed into law on July 7, 1958. At that time only passenger cars were required to have the stickers. Trucks (El Caminos were classified as trucks) were exempt as I recall.
I recall that window stickers were still not required in 1986 when I bought a new El Camino.
The dealer had posted his own window sticker with a price. SUVs, like Blazers and Suburbans were also exempt.
I'm guessing, it was sometime in the 1990s when trucks and SUVs were required to post MSRP on window stickers.
You learn something new every day ... I know, 1994 model Ford Bronco's had a window sticker ...

#8 ·
Smitty,

I recall the same question being asked some time ago (meaning at least several years) and if memory serves me, someone posted a picture.

If memory serves me, it had the GMC logo on it but it could have been photo shopped just to show what one might look like. Try doing a search and see if you can get lucky and find it.

You might also inquire at Triple A Enterprises. Since they make reproduction window stickers, they might be able to provide you with answers.

Rich

#10 ·
I have a Buildsheet for a `78 GMC Sprint Diablo that I used to own.
Cool truck with a 350 and a 4-speed.
Anyway, in the bottom right corner where there is usually a big "C" for Chevrolet, there is a big "S" on this one. I guess for Sprint.

#11 ·
I still have the buildsheet for my 1986 El Camino, too, and I have the federally mandated fuel economy sticker. But no window sticker with options, standard equipment, and MSRP.

Perhaps the original poster's title is confusing. Broadcast sheets and window stickers are not the same thing. I would say a broadcast sheet is same or similar to a buildsheet, but not the same as the window sticker.

#12 ·
Take a look at this owners manual lot. The shipper says label not required. That's in reference to the window sticker. I wouldn't be surprised if a window sticker was printed for the elky's but was thrown away at the plant or filed somewhere because it would have been the top copy on top of the shipper. It would have been present when the shipper was printed/imprinted with the carbon paper at the same time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-CHEVRO...anuals_Literature&hash=item2580381df7&vxp=mtr

#13 ·
I was doing some updating to my CDs and discovered that the AIM shows a location for the price label (a.k.a. window sticker) for the pick-up delivery.
1964-1965 - no reference to it in the AIM
1966-1969 - LEFT DOOR WINDOW GLASS NEAR REAR TOP EDGE
1970-1971 - nothing specific on pick-up, only shows 2-door models placement and that's on the driver window, not the rear driver-side window
1972 - Monte Carlo and pick-up on the driver window and all others on the driver-side rear window

Maybe plants or even GM had an SOP they didn't include the window sticker that just never made it into any of the AIMs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.