Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are these GM P&A books everyone is always talking about?? and where can I fidn one the sound very helpful

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
P&A is Parts and Accessories - correct. I got mine from the trash in 1972 when I worked at a Chevrolet parts counter. When the new books came in, they tossed out the old. You may be able to find one at a swap meet.

It's NOT the restoration kit you can get free from Chevrolet - although that's handy as well, and FREE
It is year specific and you have to supply your VIN (or at least a valid VIN) when you call them. I have one for my 67 Chevelle and a 74 Corvette I used to own. Hopefully, I have two on the way - one each 69 and 70. In a few months I may request one for other years just to have a set

Another alternative is to get a CD from Detroit Iron. They don't sell the direct (check their "Dealers" link) and they're in the $50 range. The CD comes essentially as four different books that have been scanned (some very poorly I might add). The one I have is year specific (1967 Chevrolet) and there are a Chassis Manual, what looks like an overhaul/repair manual, a parts book (P&A), and a Body Service manual. Three are kinda year specific but the parts manual looks like my paper copy - that is exploded views of everything and part numbers for everything. Mine (again 1967 Chevrolet specific CD) has exploded views and part numbers from 64 to 72. You can find all kinds of neat stuff in there. I used my paper copy of the P&A book extensively for views and part numbers on my Team67 site.

------------------
Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67SS & 67 Elky
Dale's Place
Team 67
Integrity: If you have it, it doesn't matter - If you don't have it, it doesn't matter.

[This message has been edited by Dale McIntosh (edited 12-18-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.