Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I have a '67 Malibu car that was my father's car and I will never sell. I have new GM NOS FENDERS and 1 (left)quarter panel.
These parts are in prestine condition! They have been stored properly since the mid 1980s. But now I am starting to think these parts deserve a better car! More like a 138 car! So the question is,what is a fair price for these parts for everyone involved?
My email [email protected]
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Plant Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Houseplant

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

Fender Bicycle part Bumper Auto part Art

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
You should find them. But the buyers just got back from MCCN so it might take them awhile to be online. And I could be off on those. But that seems to be a price I seen before on those items

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That has been the plan until now. I have started building a garage for the car and don't have the funds to finish. That is why I am here now. I almost think the garage is more important to the car.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I have/had two GM NOS fenders and two GM NOS quarters for my 68. I did the same thing and hung onto them for 38 years. when I went to the shop for body work.. they told me use the NOS parts and save yourself the cost in time to fit and work the aftermarket parts. What I would have got for the parts I would have had to use a good portion of those funds on the body work to make it all work. After all isn't that what they were bought for is what they asked me... Now if I was selling the car...then yes away they would have gone.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
That left quarter wont sell for 3500 more like 1600 and as for the fenders more like 800-1000 each however i have a cherry left 67 nos fender and i have been trying to get 1000 for it for over 8 years and i still have it
Agree with the above. $3500 is not happening for that quarter panel. If you want to sell it quick, ask $1300 & be willing to negotiate.

If you list the fenders as a pair, you could ask $1750-$2000...but be willing to take offers at $1500 for the pair.

With that said, if you are restoring that '67 Malibu & it needs these parts, you'd be insane to let them go. 136 car vs 138 car is nonsense...your car is the priority. Let's look at this another way. If you wound up selling those NOS parts for $2500 total, you'd still have to buy replacement chinese sheetmetal which would cost you about $1100 plus the cost of freight if you don't live near a vendor who stocks them. The $1300 or so in profits would be a drop in the bucket compared to the aggravation of fitting those repop pieces yourself. And if you're paying someone to fit them, your profits just evaporated. So think long & hard before deciding if this is the right move.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
A few comments:

1) Shipping those is cost prohibitive and reduces your buying pool.
2) Some of those numbers/estimates are VERY high.
3) Keep the NOS for yourself. Period. Unless you need to pay for a life saving operation or you can't feed your family. Other than that, it's a MASSIVE mistake to sell them.

You will....with near absolute certainty....deeply regret selling those down the road.
Save the panels for your dad's car. Make it the best it can be....and then hold on to it.
Presumably, your Dad took care of you and wanted the best for you.
Now do the same for his Chevelle.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
A few comments:

1) Shipping those is cost prohibitive and reduces your buying pool.
2) Some of those numbers/estimates are VERY high.
3) Keep the NOS for yourself. Period. Unless you need to pay for a life saving operation or you can't feed your family. Other than that, it's a MASSIVE mistake to sell them.

You will....with near absolute certainty....deeply regret selling those down the road.
Save the panels for your dad's car. Make it the best it can be....and then hold on to it.
Presumably, your Dad took care of you and wanted the best for you.
Now do the same for his Chevelle.
Don't sell good part for a car you have, you will regret it. It is "penny sound and pound foolish".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts