Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unless my web search skills are inadequate, it looks like GM may have taken away free downloads of Chevy vehicle information kits?? The old link here:

now goes to a new landing page here:

There is an "archive" link down in that page, but if you click that you end up here:

which has no document download option.

After more searching around I found this page:

which does have a supposed "free download" link at the very bottom, but if you click that link you go right back to the new main landing page again!

So either they have fouled up their new website and the links (it astonishes me how big companies, and our government, with bazillion dollar IT budgets cannot role out new websites without causing major problems), OR they have decided to try to get $50 a pop for the info packets??

I wish now I would have downloaded and saved all of what they had online for 64-67 Chevelles. I didn't because I assumed it would remain available (and free).

If any of you have a link to get to the free downloads that works, please post it. Thanks!

• Sad
Reactions: Pete 67

·
Registered
1966 El Camino: 283, TKO500, 3.36 posi.
222 Posts
That new site is horrible. I’m glad I downloaded the pdf for my El Camino/Chevelle awhile back. I tried searching by year, make and model and it shows a free pdf download from the old archive. Click on it and goes to new site with no pdf available.

·
Premium Member
18,985 Posts
Jeff, thanks for bringing this up, and 70Flint$$, thanks for the active link; I just downloaded the 67 and 64 Ely documents. I didnt see full frame dimension for the 64, sort of like in the assembly manual unfortunately. ( the 64 Elky needs the frame "back haved"., so dimensions are nice to have - otherwise its using a lift and the new floor pan!)

Still great docs to have, THNX!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Noticed it 2 days ago and wrote to GM archives. They said they are in the process of revamping the entire site. Hopefully not much longer as I also am on there almost every day

Paul

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
FYI - GM is in the process of moving the entire Heritage center from Sterling Heights to Grand Blanc, Mi. They’re planning to use the old SPO facility at the Hill Rd./ I-475 interchange. I can’t wait for them to complete the move as I’m real close to Grand Blanc and I’d like to see the new displays.
craig

1 - 8 of 8 Posts