Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you guys heard of this? :confused:

my neighbor asked if i need it, posi 9.25 inch 14 bolt out of an early 90's SS454 truck. supposedly stronger then a ford 9 inch?

anyone ever used one of these?

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
It is a 3/4 ton truck rear. 5-lug on 454ss trucks. 6 or 8 lug on 3/4 ton. I think it is a C-clip style.
There is also a 10.5 inch 14-bolt, but it is a full-floater axle.

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts

my neighbor asked if i need it, posi 9.25 inch 14 bolt out of an early 90's SS454 truck. supposedly stronger then a ford 9 inch?

This is a truck rearend, probably stronger than a 9".
Bigger, a lot heavier, longer.
Wheels will probably stick out of the fenders.

Verle

G

·

I had that rear in my SS454, bullit proof, you should see the axles, look like phone poles:yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had that rear in my SS454, bullit proof, you should see the axles, look like phone poles:yes::yes::yes:
What did it take to make it fit? There's a truck I'm parting out and it has one, I've been wondering if I could use it.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
What did it take to make it fit? There's a truck I'm parting out and it has one, I've been wondering if I could use it.
I think he meant his ss454 truck. I have never seen someone go through the trouble of making one of these things fit, they weigh alot more than a 12 bolt or 9".

But, If you can get it for cheap, I'd grab it because the offroaders tend to pay good money for them!

G

·
SS454 is a truck, made from 1990 to whenever they quit. I can't imagine that rear in a car, it's bigger than a dana 60 rear:yes::yes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts