Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a dash cap for a 72 El Camino that fits over the existing dash from someone that had it a long time and they no longer had the glue that came with the cap. This is one of those plastic dash covers that fits right over the old dash pad. I believe they sell them through Original Parts Group. Can anyone tell me what type of glue I should use to glue it to the old dash pad? Thanks for any help. RichF

·
Registered
128 Posts
they came with a tube of clear silicone with them. clean your dash pad good with thinner and or alcohol. strips of silicone mainly near openings , not a lot needed. use chilton manuals andd large phone books to hold it down overnight.I use them all the time on 73-87 trucks. DAVE

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I used one on a 69 Chevelle about 10 years ago. I removed the dash and put a bunch of clamps all around it while the glue dried overnight and it looked real nice. I sold it a few years ago and saw the car last summer and it still looks new. I just couldn't remember what kind of glue came with it. Thanks RichF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts