Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assembling the dash & noticed that there isn't a glovebox light/lamp in my original harness. The closest bulb is for the heater control. There are no holes or mounting brackets for bulbs in the glovebox area either. However there IS a switch (plunger type) that opens when the glovebox door is opened with a wire that goes back into the harness. There are no under dash courtesy lights present either.
Do you think that the switch was put on all cars whether or not they had a glovebox light?
Thanks......Odie

·
Premium Member
7,962 Posts
I can tell you that in '67 the glovebox light was standard in the Malibu and SS396 series. It was optional in the 300 & 300 Deluxe series. The underdash courtesy lights were standard in convertibles, optional on everything else. I can't imagine the switch being included if the car didn't come with the glovebox light though.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
odie,
I believe the bulb should be on the back side of the switch, if I remember. I know mine is out and I have not messed with it for quite a while, since I did not have the lock for it.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. I'm headed home to check that out. I can't believe that I overlooked it! I guess since there was no bulb in it I missed that it was more than just a switch.
Thanks again......Odie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts