Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys I really need all the help I can get on this one.. I have installed the door & qtr glass but I'm having trouble getting it to align with the weather strip seal and the front glass sealing over the back qtr strip. Who has done this and do you have any tips except for T&E. there isn't much slop in the assembly but changing any one makes a huge difference.

Also can anyone send me a digital pic of a qtr glass rolled up showing the position of the chrome strip in relation to the glass bump at the top and where it goes through the gasket at the qtr. I would also like a pic of how the glass meets the weather strip.

Of course its the 71 2 door, blah, blah, blah... TIA

------------------
Jody Sirmans
71 SS454
ACES

·
Registered
543 Posts
there are adjustments on those windows, the stops are pretty easy. stops adjust where it stops (up) and end of window travel (down). There are also adjustments for in and out, and angle (or tilt) seems like they were 1/4" or maybe 3/16" socket. I think the fisher body manual shows more detail. you want the window seal tight it will loosen up the more you shut the door. be careful the 1/4 window and the door window dont touch when shut door

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.