Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just started to give me a problem , was working like it`s suppose to , now its very dim when i turn the key on , then once the car starts it brightens up. i pulled the power cable off the battery when the car was running ,so it seems the charging is fine also put a charger on the battery for two hours it seem fine also . now heres was i did over the weekend maybe something here was wrong.... change out my light switch and wiper switch also door jam switches (dome light was not working now it its)put a different wiper motor on (old one not working)its working now and last was the fuse box took out the fuses one at a time used a drummel tool to clean the connections they were pretty rusty , anyone got and idea???

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Measure your battery voltage with the car on fast idle. Should be around 13.8 volts. Check the voltage of the brown wire at the voltage regulator at the same time. Should also be around 13.8 volts.

This is a good post for troubleshooting. Look through it and read my post on page 4. It starts out as being an internal regulator but on page 2 switches to external regulator.http://www.chevelles.com/forum/Forum22/HTML/002353.html

Peter

[This message has been edited by Peter F. (edited 01-20-2003).]

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
found the problem,pulled the fuse for gauges both oil and generator came on like they should, started the car they went out so i put in a new fuse so far so good (knock on wood)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts