Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
None of the gauges (gas, oil, temp, alt) in my 64 Elky are working. What should I check to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Gino

------------------
1965 Chevy 2 "Licha"
360HP Vortec 350
1964 Chevy Elky
Stock 327

·
Registered
763 Posts
I had a problem with the fuel gauge in my '65 which might be something like your problem. The needle was stuck way past the full mark. The problem was the fuel gauge was not properly grounded. With a plastic dash insert holding the gauges, there has to be something connecting the gauges to a ground or they won't work right. I remember crawling up under the dash and working on it for a good long while, but don't remember how I fixed it. Sorry-CRS syndrome. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If they are electric sounds like the plug is not connected behind the dash or all of the sensors are disconnected

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went under the dash today and all I found was a ball of wires! I looked behind the gauges and tried tracing the wires, but was unsuccessful. I'l gonna give it another try tomorrow. My gas gauges needles stays in the middle when the car is off, and when I start the car, the gauge goes to the "F." If there's any electricians on here in the L.A area that want to offer their services, please help!

Thanks,
Gino

------------------
1965 Chevy 2 "Licha"
360HP Vortec 350
1964 Chevy Elky
Stock 327

1 - 4 of 4 Posts