Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted a Monte Carlo dash bezel Cortez silver and will mount it to my SS dash in my '70 Chevelle..... I just finished mounting my new Autometer gauges (oil, water, voltage) and like the results. :D

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
There's a company out there that sells tachs that bolt right in place of the clock, just FYI! I can't recall the name of the company offhand, but I think it's been posted in this forum before so it should be easy to find using a search.

Looks good though!

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Randy, I would consider that tach, but I had the gauge cluster overhauled by Steve Strassmier and that clock will actually be functional

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks great.You'll probably get alot of,where did you buy that at comments.Looks aftermarket,great job, get the patent no. quick hahaha

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Looks good -- did you think about going with the Green Letters for your 70? Send some pics when its in the car

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Originally posted by Texas70:
Thanks Randy, I would consider that tach, but I had the gauge cluster overhauled by Steve Strassmier and that clock will actually be functional
You know, I sold a functional clock to Steve last year. Hmmmmmm......could it be? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate that CHEV CRAZY.

Birddog, I will be using the green light cover for the gauges......

Randy, I sent my cluster to Steve a few years ago after he offered to clean it up for me. He did a fantastic job for a very fair price. He really knows his stuff. BTW, I also bought a set of front buckets and my SS steering wheel from him. He has given me some great advice as have all of you. I really appreciate everybody's willingness to share the knowledge.

Thanks again y'all

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Steve repaired a printed circuit sheet for me too. I picked up a Monte dash to do the same conversion you're doing and found out that the headlight switch had rubbed the printed circuit sheet which cut the circuit to about the half the running lights. He does indeed know his stuff!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Hell of an idea there, bud!

I like it. Been thinking about how to bring the outside colors into the interior and keep it clean and smooth when I get to that point of my resto (still at least a year or more off) but I am going to look real hard at doing this with my SS dash. Going with mineral CC metallic for exterior. I might try to accent my 4 speed console, do the dash as you have and maybe run the same color piping in the seats. Just subtle stuff over stock hardware (I am a bit "anti-purist) so this is right up me alley.

Good stuff there.
:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks y'all, I just wish I was closer to finishing this project. I want to drive this thing so bad, but I am at least a year away at this point..... and so much more money to spend :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Originally posted by Texas70:
Thanks y'all, I just wish I was closer to finishing this project. I want to drive this thing so bad, but I am at least a year away at this point..... and so much more money to spend :rolleyes:
I am here to make you feel better - I have AT LEAST 4 more years before I even start to THINK about driving the car.

There ya go, chief.....the glass is half full, not half empty. You're better off and further along than a lot of folks.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks MM but realistically it will probably be 2 or 3 more years.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts