Chevelles.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one used or seen the digital gauge panel the Summit sells from Nordskog? It looks like it would fit in my sweep dash.

Also I am going to buy a console for my 72, who make the best one?

------------------
502 1972 chevelle

·
Premium Member
5,063 Posts
http://www.nordskogperformance.com/dp10002.html

It measures 13.8" x 3.25" for the one with the tack. but they do have a more narrow one with out the tack, it's 11.3" long.

The website lists it as $520 while summit has them for $300 in my last catalog.

I did my custom gauges for just under $300 and I went analog. Analog will cost more. Those elctrical gauges are very easy to re-produce acurately, but they charge what they do because of the market value. I could build the above linked picture for what they are charging for it. -that's sad, but they might just get rich.

------------------
71' 3880# with me. Big Block 402, Merlin oval heads, 10.2:1CR, TH400, 3.73 posi,
1/8th: 8.0 @ 88mph
BEST 60': 1.85 w/street tires.
BEST 1/4: 12.5 with 1.89 sixty foot (street tires)
BEST MPH: 109mph

Picture of me roasting the tires and other guy stuff
Video of me staging (smoke of course)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that I am going to go with AutoMeters Phantom gauges much like you did.

------------------
502 1972 chevelle

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I have a template for the Autometer conversion. I'm in Keller.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rndy how did you mount your gauges???

Do you have a picture

------------------
502 1972 chevelle

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I didn't mount them. I found a Monte dash before I got that far. But, you can e-mail Phil Harkins, aka Uncle. He's done this conversion and is running it in his car right now. But I do have the template whenever you need it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Randy wht size is the templete you have? And what gauges does it layout?

------------------
502 1972 chevelle

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
It's sized to take the place of the existing speedometer face, and the only gauges you can use are Autometer Street Rod series.

·
Premium Member
5,063 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Randy Mosier:
It's sized to take the place of the existing speedometer face, and the only gauges you can use are Autometer Street Rod series. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll toss in my effort.

I removed the idiot lights and have a spare template for what I did. Damn machine shop cut holes the size of the gauges and not the "insert" diameter.

Keep it thin. the dash is actually concave some.

------------------
71' 3880# with me. Big Block 402, Merlin oval heads, 10.2:1CR, TH400, 3.73 posi,
1/8th: 8.0 @ 88mph
BEST 60': 1.85 w/street tires.
BEST 1/4: 12.5 with 1.89 sixty foot (street tires)
BEST MPH: 109mph

Picture of me roasting the tires and other guy stuff
Video of me staging (smoke of course)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mike, I really like your dash with the Phantom gauges. I would like to mount my gauge panel recessed in the dish some what like the speedo is now. Did you use the 3 3/8" speedo and tach and the 2 1/16" smaller gauges?

Randy, how did the panel you made for Phil mount to the dash? It really looks awesome!!

------------------
502 1972 chevelle

[This message has been edited by awsome502 (edited 04-03-2002).]

[This message has been edited by awsome502 (edited 04-03-2002).]

·
Premium Member
5,063 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
The difference between Mike's setup and the one I made the template for is that Mike's setup calls for removing the idiot lights and the housing in which they're installed, and the one I made retains that housing so you can retain the the stock turn signal indicators. Therefore, the one I made must use the smaller Street Rod series gauges.

I think they're actually 3 1/4 and 2 1/16, but you can find specific information at this site, www.autometer.com and click on the gauges and then the Street Rod guages button on the left hand side.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts