Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm designing an in-dash after market gauge set up for my 69 chevelle. i've been looking at auto meter gauges just because that's all that seems to be on display at the stores. are there better choices out there? what about the stewart warner's and vdo's or smith's.

thanks, john

------------------
Bad Papa's '69 Chevelle

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
SW's and VDO are both very good, so you can probalby go with whatever fits your particular tastes. MoonEyes has some nice looking ones if you want a nostalgic feel, and the SW's give that as well.

I'd go with the ones that look the best to your eye and that come in the style you prefer (full sweep or not, mechanical or elec, etc)

·
Registered
94 Posts
dude...if you want to know who has the best looking gauges the best guages over all look no further than AUTO METER. i swear to them..they have the best product on the market. it makes all other gauges look like a gauge you'd find in a "big wheels" toy i wonder becasue almost every racer uses them and they have all the best racers out there how many companies you know can sponsor all the best racers? not too many.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I work at a place that sells all three brands, Autometer, VDO, and Stewart Warner. Autometer is the only one that has kept current. VDO and especially Stewart Warner have not really done much with their product line in years. Be aware that Autometer has another line under the name Autogage. The Autogage line is an inexpensive steet gauge. Both will work just fine for almost any application, it is just that you get a much better selection in the Autometer line, in fact I don't think there are any speedometers in the Autogage variety.

Steve R.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.