Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a set of AutoGage electric gauges on my 72. All went well. What I need to know is where the + wire for the gauge lights should be connected. The instructions are a little vague on this. Is there a connection on the fuse block, or do they go elsewhere? Please excuse the simple question, but I mix with electrical work about as well as oil mixes with water
TIA, Dennis

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
you can always splice it into a dashlight so you will have the luxury of the variable resistor to dim the lights.

------------------
1968 Chevelle malibu w/ 327 bored .030 over, TH350 w/ shift kit
MyChevelle
12 bolt w/ 3.73's

·
Registered
8 Posts
Since these are electric gauges, I assume there is lights and a (+) power needed. Lights go to the dash illumination circuit and the power (+) goes to the IGN circuit. (key on run).

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
On the fuse block at the bottom left column is a stubby fuse. To the left of it is a terminal marked LPS. Thiat terminal is fed by the dash light circuit, voltage is varied by the headlight switch. You can connect your gauge light(s) there.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys. I already had the gauges wired to the ign. terminal. I used the LPS for the lights as Elree suggested and everything works fine. I just wanted to make sure and not fry everything. Thanks again, Dennis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.