Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '70 Malibu with the sweep gauges. I will be converting it to the SS Round gauge dash soon. I've got everything to do it (mostly from aftermarket) but was wondering if there was a specific type of screw/bolt to attach the gauges to the plastic housing? Is it anything special? I want to get it put together to see how everything will work.
Thanks.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I bought a box of #8 x 1/2" sheet metal screws (and a nut driver that fits 'em) at Home Depot and used them all over the place in my 68 interior, to include the back of the dash. They look like the pic 70Z15 posted for you, but no washer. I also bought a box of #8 x 3/4" flat head screws and used them withh #6 washers for my dash, door panels, and other trim. They look pretty close to originals.

If you want originals though, many places sell interior screw kits - but I doubt if they'll contain the screws that go behind the dash.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up an interior screw kit in hopes that there might be something for behind the dash--no dice. So I may try the Home Depot route instead.
Thanks for help guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts