Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday a man and his dad in Emmett (near Boise) were putting the finishing touchs on a 51 Chevy pickup for a show in Eagle this weekend. 69 YO son was under the truck fixing a gas leak when gas ignited the trouble lite and mans sweater. He got the sweater off and tried to put out the fire with his extinguisher. Took the FD a few minutes to get there and by the time it was over the garage was gone, house was gone and neighbors was starting to burn (it was saved). I read about a similar incident a few years ago and changed my lights to the sealed fluorscent ones.

Heres a link and photo:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/boise/story/368434.html

Work safely!

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,755 Posts
Good point. I once had a boss whose truck was up on a lift being serviced at a dealer when it was destroyed by fire and dealer's building damaged while getting the fuel filter changed. I use a flashlight and have the garage door open when changing a fuel filter under a vehicle. Also use a large metal drain pan to capture any stray fuel.

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
ouch.

The three most important things when working on your car are:

1. safety
2. safety
3. safety

·
Registered
319 Posts
they make rechargeable L.E.D. ones now, no cords:thumbsup: best $25.00 I have spent, the battery charge lasts a long time too

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
they make rechargeable L.E.D. ones now, no cords:thumbsup: best $25.00 I have spent, the battery charge lasts a long time too
Home Depot has the 30 LED rechargables for $17 now. I have my 3 year old Snap-On model, still holds a charge for 5- 6 hours continuous run. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts