Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have four lines coming off my gas tank.The one with the sending unit is my main line ,this I know
.How ever can somebody tell me which one I should connect a return line to.There is one at each end ,the sending unit one and another one that goes all most beside the sending unit.If I were a betting man I would have to go with the one beside the sending unit.
BTW the tank is out of the car which is a 72.
Just as a side note I am hooking up a return line in the hope I will not burn out another electric fuel pump.Seem to be using one up every year.

------------------
Shaun
72 Chevelle (454)
London Ontario
Canada.
ACES#04364
BLT4FN

·
Gold Founding Member
1970 Chevelle Convertible & 1965 Chevelle SS Convertible
1,284 Posts
Shaun,

The return should go to the sending unit. The sending unit will have two lines coming from it - a feed (larger 5/16) and the return (samller 3/8).

The tank may have three lines - two on the side and one in the center. These are all vented lines hooked up junction type box attached to the body of the car above the rear in front of the tank. The box is hooked up to the charcoal canister in the front of the car.

This is how my 70 SS is - not sure if the same on 72 - perhaps others here will add.
'
Hope this helps

Rich

------------------
70 SS - L34
Member # 442
www.chevelles.com/showroom/richr1

http://www.my70ss.com

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rich ...thanks .
looking at it,the three other lines do come from a box mounted in the trunk.one line comes from the front which has not been used for awhile by the looks of it.it goes up,I guess to the box.there is only on line that comes from the sending unit.this line I have been using for my main line.
Does this mean I have to go and get a different sending unit to hook up a return line?

·
Gold Founding Member
1970 Chevelle Convertible & 1965 Chevelle SS Convertible
1,284 Posts
Shaun,

I would say yes - pick up the sender that is used in the SS appliaction, they will have a feed and a return. Our sponsor Ground Up has GM ones. I had purchased a new one from them.

Rich

------------------
70 SS - L34
Member # 442
www.chevelles.com/showroom/richr1

http://www.my70ss.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.