Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gas tank is leaking badly and i was wondering if there is anyway to coat them at home and if any of you have had experience with it.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I don't know of any thing for doing it yourself. However, there is a sealent used in aircraft fuel tanks that might be usable for doing this. I don't know what it is called or where to get it but a fiend is building a homebuilt plane and used it in his tanks. Try calling a maintance facility at a smaller civil airport. They may be able to point you to it. Another approch is a product called, I think, "Renue", or soething like that. You have to take the tank to one of their dealers to have it done.

What about getting another tank from a wreaking yard?

------------------
Pat Kelley
66 El Camino, daily driver
67 El Camino, STRIP/street
Pat's Page (CR Calculator, Utilites, car specs)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Por 15 makes a kit dont they? When you say bad what do you mean? it might be time to replace.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i pulled the thing today and its really bad. A 8 inch crack right below the fill spout. I'm pretty sure its time to replace. My only problem now is that this is the second junk yard tank. I don't want to put another one in that is just going to go bad like the last two. Does anyone make repo tanks? My other option is fuel cell. I don't use the bed anyway so i could mount it there. Anyone tried this? Pros/Cons?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.