Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone letting gas prices change their Chevellabration plans? Not me. It will have to get a lot higher before I bail. I figure at $4/gal it will cost me about $50 more than last year to drive the 600 mile round trip (I know that's a lot less miles than many CB'ers). I'll just cut $50 off the wife's birthday present.;)

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
For the first time, yes I'm rethinking my plans. :sad:

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Yes it's really hurting my plans for this year with diesel at 4.89 a gal it'll cost me like 1225.00 one way sooooo I'm saving up for next year.

Yall have a good time and I'll see ya next year.

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Not me...
This is the first time I've registered TWO Chevelles. Trailering one, wife is driving the other. :cool:
See y'all soon!! :beers:
Goodletsville is about 250 miles away...should take only one fill up per vehicle.

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
It's all about what you want to do.....If it's a will it's a way.

·
Premium Member
7,278 Posts
Anyone letting gas prices change their Chevellabration plans? Not me.
Me neither, I'll see you there. Hopefully you'll let me peek under your hood again to get some ideas for my big block installation. :)

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Me neither, I'll see you there. Hopefully you'll let me peek under your hood again to get some ideas for my big block installation. :)
Sure. See you there.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Not me! and you dont want to know what my gas bill will be ............but great idea to reduce the wife's birthday presents ..... wife thought better idea is not spending money every winter on car ........."leave it alone " "you just did the engine why is it apart again "

If we wall really smart we'd take the wife along ........

·
Registered
13,317 Posts
No change in plans for me and Zac (well, slightly, I'm not doing dogs and burgers this year). The tax refund is covering the gas.
The 70 is ready to go (had a problem with the air cond and that's fixed), I've just got to pull out the little trailer and clean an inch of dust off of it (hasn't been used since CB07), pack the trailer and we're eastbound on I-40.

Von,
The Bowtie won't be coming with me! :D

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Fuel prices affect everything I do. I limit my driving to a minimum from day to day so I can splurge and make a few trips in the elky from time to time. I've worked hard and spent some money to get my 454 to a point where it can run on 87 pump gas, and, as long as I'm in overdrive and not running over 75 I can get a confirmed 17-18mpg.:thumbsup::hurray::thumbsup:

This will be my first trip to CB since 03 for one reason or another so I'm looking forward to it!!!:hurray: I'm already registered but still have to get a "cheap" room!!!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
~$1200 in gas round trip; I think I'll take a bye this year ;) . I was hoping there would be an audit in TN or KY around CB08 timeframe, but didn't work out. Could of made it there on company dollar :D . Oh well. Who's going to set up the LIVE parking lot festivities internet feed this year?

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
It won't change my plans; I was already planning on not coming! :D

(not because of a lack of want)

Having your car in the body shop for 2 months (with no work done to date) makes that decision for you!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I can't make it this year, but I plan on going in '09. Can't wait to see you all then.

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
Nope. :) My LT1/4L60e combo gets me 18-19mpg (even with 4.10s).

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. :cool:
Ok, you realize now that Jeff and Sara aren't coming, you will have to hang out with us :eek: :)

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
Fuel prices affect everything I do. I limit my driving to a minimum from day to day so I can splurge and make a few trips in the elky from time to time. I've worked hard and spent some money to get my 454 to a point where it can run on 87 pump gas, and, as long as I'm in overdrive and not running over 75 I can get a confirmed 17-18mpg.:thumbsup::hurray::thumbsup:

This will be my first trip to CB since 03 for one reason or another so I'm looking forward to it!!!:hurray: I'm already registered but still have to get a "cheap" room!!!
PM Rob (onabudget) a friend of his just cxld his trip & still has a room.

·
Registered
13,317 Posts
If anyone is coming WITHOUT a car and needs transportation while at CB08, that won't be a problem. I know that several people will be happy to take passengers to events------------------including me. There will only be me and Zac (my son), so I can comfortably chaufer 2 bodies.
Our plan is to leave OKC early Tue am and drive straight through to the motel parking lot. So we SHOULD be there all day Wed until Sun early am.
Here is who to look for.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
I really wanted to go, but our kids are still in school and finals are that week ~ which are rather important... I'm hoping the date gets moved back a week or so next year, life would be much easier! :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts