Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The gas pedal in my 66 is broken off. all that is there is the medal stub is that fixable with a new pedal or do I need the whole gas pedal assembly. were can you get a new gas pedal I dont see them in any catalogs:confused:

·
Registered
318 Posts
I may be totally wrong on a 66, but when the plastic pedal dropped off my 70 Elco, it looked weirdly unfixable -- just a metal shaft tapering to a point. But the real prob was that the pedal retainer/tension spring had broken, which passes through the metal shaft while holding the plastic pedal in place. I was able to figure it out on a trip to the local Pick-a-Part, where even the 80-90's GM cars were still using this design. A couple of the springs did indeed insure that I had a replacement (there are a few spring designs), and the re-installation with the new spring perfectly did the job.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes that all that there is the metal and at the end like a cone or triangular shape. so maybe the new pedal will have the connection or springs like you say to repair it. I thought I needed to replace the whole assembly. I look into the pedal

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Franki...no springs / retainers on the 66' pedal. Just bang the new pedal onto the 2 studs, and floor it. The hard part is getting it to stay on the studs. You may need to cut the carpet back a little to expose the two studs...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts