Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my car without the rubber gas pedal. Previous owner installed carpeting over the ball end studs that the bottom of the pedal sits in. So here's the dumb question, since I have no other car to compare to. Do I just cut two small slits in the carpet to allow the ball ends to protrude or do I unscrew the studs from the floor panel and install them over the carpeting (i.e, the hex end would fit snug against the carpet.

------------------

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rick, That's pretty much what I thought, but it's always nice to hear from someone with experience first.

Mike

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Definitely. The way mine looked, although the floor pans were in really good shape, removing these little ball-headed studs would've been quite the chore. Probably rusted in good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was wondering how hard it would be to install a throtle cable / type gas pedal in my 67. Has anyone done this and how hard would it be ?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Ferrill, I'm either going to a Lokar deal or a stocker cable this year. Someone said that one like I used to have in a 75 Nova would fit fine. I'm gonna check it out. Be sure to swap notes if you get there first!

Gold Member 62
67 SS396/ 427

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.