Team Chevelle banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! My gas gauge has taken a dump on me! Alright here's my problem... There's no 3/4, 1/2 or 1/4 tank! haha The needle's always pegged on F or pegged on E! I have been told it is the ground, but when I look at the ground on the sending unit on the tank, it's seems like it's mounted ok, not loose. I dont even know where the ground for the gauge is? I really need help, I'm in desperate need.. I can't take not having a gas gauge anymore! It's like once it gets so low it goes to E, and i put in like 3 gallons and it goes to F, and then if I punch it, it'll go down to E then bounce around until it settles back on F. Then I'll waste like a gallon or 2 and it will settle on E again. I can't take it... any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Joe Phillips

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the fast responses! I will trave the wire tomorrow morning. If there are no bare spots I will go about dropping the tank and replacing the sending unit.

Thanks!
Joe Phillips

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.