Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The local Speedway is at $3.99.9 today. They said it was coming, but oil went down $2.50 a barrel yesterday. can't figure it out. It's funny how michigan has one of the highest gas prices in the country.:confused:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
$4.05 for 87 where I live and gassed up at. Diesel was $4.59 (this was a Shell station). Wonder if Diesel will hit $5.00/gal this summer? Time to start walking and riding a bike...

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Wonder if Diesel will hit $5.00/gal this summer? Time to start walking and riding a bike...
It will for sure at least in California. I saw it on Sunday for $4.77/gallon in a rural area away from the major highways. Most stations here are in the 4.4X-4.5X range right now for diesel.

I've been paying $4.20 or so per gallon of 91 for the daily driver for a while now. $200/month to go to and from work really hurts. I'm seriously considering selling my "fun" 360hp daily driver that gets 20mpg average (which I thought was great 3 years ago when I bought it) and getting something boring that gets 40-50 mpg.

My monthly out of pocket gas expenses will probably stay the same though even if I get a more fuel efficient daily driver, because I'll probably take more weekend trips and drive the Chevelle more :p

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I think these days are what we'll call the "good old days" for fuel prices in the near future. I don't think gas/diesel will ever stop going up. I bet we'll be at $7+ a gallon w/ in 3 years...if not sooner.

Sickening. :mad:

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Anybody ready to do a 4banger turbo swap into their chevelle....figure out DID and have that sucker purring along on 2 cylinders as lean as can go.

And theres always the turbo powered vespa.

Troy, get on this already will ya? 25 psi into a vespa, 100 ponies to the pavement. Or N2o...small sidecar and keep the bottle there. Spray your way onto the freeway...do it on a vespa.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Well, we could always convert our Chevelles to run on water!!! I wonder if this is for real. Probably not nearly as far in development as it needs to be, but may have merit?

With diesel at $5.21/ us gal here yesterday, I'm willing to look at anything! And no, my Chevelle doesn't have a diesel engine, but my Duramax needs a break.

http://www.runyourcarwithwater.com/?hop=watertt

·
Registered
1972 Chevelle ZZ383
446 Posts
In Queens, NYC & on LI regular ranges from $3.93 to $4.08 today.
Super 93 is $4.29. Diesel is $4.59- 4.69.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
$3.99.9 a gallon thats all until you start paying the $4.50 a gallon here then we talk:sad:

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I have myself convinced fuel is already at $6.39/gallon. So when I fill up for $3.59/gallon I am quite ecstatic at the large savings.

But seriously, are any of you carpooling? Taking the bus? Biking or walking?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
A gas station down the road from me had Supreme at 3.9 CENTS yesterday, for an hour and a half. I only buy Shell gas, but I guess I missed out on that incident...or accident. :)

Just so you know ALL gasoline if fungable product. Shell, like any other gasoline distributor buys a barge load from Getty, Exxon, BP, etc. sells it to their own rack, then dumps in 100 gallons of their "special" proprietary additive at the rack while the truck is loading.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
i think there has to be a point where this stops. right now were at a point thats slowly devistating the economy. the higher it goes the sooner the complete crash is coming. i would rather have to put up with rationing than 4$ GAS. I have an 05 duramax i bought new to pull my car trailer. it still only has 7k miles on it. untill last week it still had fuel i bought for 2.65 back in oct. i havent went to a race yet this year. i might go to a few local races buts that it. i refuse to spend 500 bucks just to get to the track. the arabs, the oil companies, the government,china, india, iraq, bin laden and the commodityspeculators are all on my hit list

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I've decided that come election time this November, I'm voting for anyone other than the incumbent, regardless of the seat. It may not make a bit of difference in our economy, but it'll be my way to protest the incompetence of our current elected officials.

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
Just so you know ALL gasoline if fungable product. Shell, like any other gasoline distributor buys a barge load from Getty, Exxon, BP, etc. sells it to their own rack, then dumps in 100 gallons of their "special" proprietary additive at the rack while the truck is loading.
All I know is, my vehicles (all of them) get more mpg using Shell than with any other brand.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Dave I think you are so right. We need our country back. Vote out everyone of those greedy, corrupt, self serving bastards and the next lot knows if they don't do what we want they are out also. Also to put a limit on how long someone can serve, 2-3 term and that;s it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts