Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

How much gap should there be between the flexplate and turbine? I Have a 350 and a TH 350. (early 80's with electric turbine lock??? No plans to use the lock on the turbine though, I wonder will it work?)

We bolted the engine and tranny together and the turbine is jammed against the flex plate. (We can't turn the other without the other one moving as well. The turbine won't move back at all. How much trouble am I in?

We didn't attach the flexplate to the turbine as we were missing the three bolts. Now we can't turn the darn thing to get the holes aligned.

Panu

·
Registered
567 Posts
Take it down again, and rotate the Torque Converter while pushing in on it so it will fall into the last detent. As far as the "lock-up feature of the Torque Converter,
you should'nt notice any differance from a standard TH350.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I aggree with Jungle Jimmie, your converter is not fully seated onto the trans imput shaft, ( according to what I have read, this may smoke your tranny pump) you should have to pull the converter forwards slightly after the motor and trans are bolted together.
Good Luck
Frank

------------------

·
Registered
151 Posts
Right, you probably ruined the front pump. Take the trans to a shop and have it checked before you put it back in, or you just have to take it back out again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.